Have lots of fruit and not sure what to do with it? Here’s a super simple boozy idea – infuse a bottle of vodka with that fruit.
In this recipe we mix cranberries, oranges and cinnamon for a delicious vodka. Use this vodka in your favorite cocktails for extra flavor.
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 2 tbsp orange peel (1 orange)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups vodka
- Place all ingredients in a clean, sterilized mason jar.
- Store in a cool, dark place for 2 to 3 weeks, shaking or stirring at least once a week.
- Taste vodka.
- When desired flavour has been reached, strain vodka.
- Pour into clean, sterilized bottles.
- Seal, decorate and label with suggestions for use.
- Yield 3 cups flavoured vodka
Check out these other flavors as well:
Getty Stewart is an engaging speaker and writer providing tasty recipes, time-saving tips, and helpful kitchen ideas to make home cooking easy and enjoyable. She is a Professional Home Economist, author of Manitoba’s best-selling Prairie Fruit Cookbook, Founder of Fruit Share, mom and veggie gardener.