Let’s Work Together to Make Good Food Happen for Everyone!
On stage, in a boardroom, in a kitchen, in a community center or even in a garden, I can help…
- Present interactive, inspiring conference sessions or keynotes at your next event
- Provide practical, interactive demos or hands-on food workshops
- Review, write or test recipes or products
- Showcase good food and good food practices on TV or Radio
- Develop recipes or cook up something from my very fruity Prairie Fruit Cookbook!
- Create a unique opportunity just for you
For our health and the health of our community. Let’s put good food on tables and agendas!
Workshop & Media Topics
- Healthy Snacks and Lunches – Packable & Nut Free
- Homemade Convenience Foods – Stock Your Pantry & Freezer with Affordable, Healthy Food
- Growing and Enjoying Herbs
- Eating Well with Rising Food Prices
- Food Security – Strategies for Ensuring Good Food For All
- Food Waste – Save Money and Food
- Best Before Dates – What do They Really Mean
- Healthy Eating for Your Mind – What to Eat & What to Avoid
- Preserving Tips and Tricks – Freezing, Drying and Canning Produce
- How Passion and Action Can Make a Difference – The Story of Fruit Share
Have something else in mind? Please email me or fill out the handy form below and let’s chat.
CJOB Morning Show – feature guest on Healthy Eating For Your Mind
CBC National News Network – Dollar Drops, Food Prices Increase
CTV Morning Live – Feeding a Family of Four Well for $5
CTV News Winnipeg – How To Save Money Amid Rising Grocery Prices
CBC News Manitoba – 6 ways to save money on food as loonie shrinks
Globe & Mail – Canadian Press – Expect More Sticker Shock in 2016
Canstar Community News – Beware Of Wasting Food This Holiday Season
MetroNews – Named one of Manitoba’s Top 100 Fascinating People
What Others Are Saying
Getty simply lights up a room with her positive contagious energy and sense of fun! She has the ability to relate immediately with all kinds of people and makes you feel instantly welcome and at ease-like you are a friend and guest in her own kitchen. Perfect strangers laughed and cooked together with Getty’s easy to follow demonstrations and common sense tips on how to make healthy, homemade preserves. Everyone left feeling inspired-with their questions answered, some tasty recipes, helpful tips, and the latest information on food preserving and basic guidelines of drying, canning, freezing and pectin varieties. Participant evaluations resoundingly said they appreciated the credible, practical tips and to please bring Getty back real soon!!
Cheryl Pearson, Healthy Living Facilitator, Southern Health
Getty is so easy and practical to learn from. She was one of my favorites at the Conference.
Participant, Healthy Together Now Conference
Getty’s energy and enthusiasm have made her a fixture at the last three Food Matters Manitoba Growing Local Conferences, hosting workshops on do-it-yourself fruit preparation, home preserving, and local food initiatives. Everyone from the advanced home economist to the beginner foodie find Getty’s workshops fun, relatable, and engaging thanks to her warm, animated personality and hands on approach to learning. Folks appreciate the practical knowledge Getty has to share, along with the skills and tangible steps they can easily use when they return home. Getty’s presence at Growing Local continues to be a draw for attendees from across the province!”
Kelsey Evans, Growing Local Workshop Coordinator
Getty has a way of connecting with you and tuning into what your information needs are. Her presentations are always interactive with her audience. It is amazing how she hears a person’s comment and responds with information directly related to the topic. She has a presentation outline, not just a ‘canned speech’.
Debora Durnin-Richards, PHEc, M.Ed., MAHE Past President & Business Owner
Connect With Me
I welcome the opportunity to work with you. Grab a fork and let’s chow down!
If you’d like to reach out to me and connect to ask questions, propose a partnership or professional opportunity or even just say hi, please do! I want to hear from you.