Your Guide to Homemade Backcountry Meals
Create delicious, nutritious, lightweight meals for the trail.
All the tools and recipes you need combined with practical tips from years of outdoor adventures.
Share this page with your backcountry friends.
Watch for opportunities to join online Q&A sessions with Getty.
What you’ll get
Perfect for the beginner or the experienced backpacker and dehydrator.
Create delicious, nourishing and lightweight meals for the trail.
- Trail tested recipes
- Step by Step planning tools for food, water and fuel
- A trail-ready 5 day meal plan
- Tips for dehydrating and rehydrating food
- Planning tools to take the guess work out of how much to pack
This guide is for you if you:
- love exploring the backcountry
- love good food
- want to reduce your food weight
- like easy to cook, one pot meals that require minimal fuel
- want a cheaper, tastier alternative to store bought dehydrated meals
- like having control over the ingredients in your food
- are looking for new recipes and techniques to try
- have friends or family who like to go wild
See what other backcountry folks say about Getty’s work:
Recipes for all Levels
Backcountry recipes can be delicious, simple, lightweight and still pack in the nutrition. Recipes include cold soak on-the-trail lunch dishes, in-the-hand snacks and warm and filling camp meals. Whether you want to assemble meals from dry ingredients or learn to dehydrate your favourite meals for the trail, this guide has it all.
All recipes include home prep & camp instructions as well as lots of options and flavour boosters to create a range of trail-ready tasty meals.
Delicious Backcountry Meals await!
Purchase the 50 page digital guide today.
Full of links to additional resources, more recipes and bonus videos.
Save to your favourite devices and print what you’d like.
All for only $25
50 Pages of Expert Info & Well-Loved (and Tested) Recipes
No ads, no pop-ups. Just delicious recipes, techniques and planning tools for creating delicious trail meals every time.
Get tasty, nutritious and lightweight recipes from a Professional Home Economist with years of backcountry experience.
Learn to Dehydrate
Learn the ins and outs of dehydrating full meals and individual ingredients for endless variety.
Plan for Anything
Answer crucial questions like “What and how much do I need to pack? How much water and fuel will I actually need?”