Fun, easy, healthy.
These Grinch kabobs, inspired by various versions I’ve been seeing on Facebook and Pinterest, have it all. Who wouldn’t want these Grinches showing up at their party!
As for the recipe, it really is as easy as it looks.
Grinch Kabobs – Healthy Party Treats
- 12 bamboo skewers
- 1 banana
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 24 green grapes
- 24 strawberries
- 24 mini marshmallows
- 1 navel orange
- Use scissors or wire cutters to cut bamboo skewers into 3 to 3 1/2 inch lengths.
- Slice banana into 24,1 /4 inch round slices.
- Dip banana slices into lemon juice being sure to cover all over.
- Wash and dry grapes.
- Wash and remove stems from strawberries. Slice stem end of strawberry to make a level surface.
- Slide each skewer through the center of a grape, a banana slice, a strawberry and finally a mini marshmallow.
- Make sure the tip of the skewer does not come out the top of the marshmallow.
- Arrange finished skewers on a platter or stick the skewers into an orange that has been cut on one end so it will sit flat on a platter.
Double or triple the recipe!
Like fruit on a stick but not crazy about the Grinch? Try these instead:
Want more tasty recipes, time-saving tips, and helpful kitchen ideas? Subscribe to get regular updates in your inbox or contact Getty for a workshop or presentation for your group. Getty is a Professional Home Economist, author of the Prairie Fruit Cookbook, Founder of Fruit Share, mom and veggie gardener. She is an engaging speaker that delivers, fun and informative sessions with great tips.