Watermelon, Cucumber and Feta Salad – Easy Summer Salad
This watermelon, cucumber and feta salad is perfect for hot summer days. It tastes refreshing and it comes together quickly and easily.
Also Read: Quick & Easy Feta Flatbread Appetizers, Beet Salad with Feta and Zucchini Ribbon Salad with Feta
Sweet juicy watermelon, refreshing cucumber, crumbly salty feta with a hint of mint and a delicious lime vinaigrette are all that’s needed for this sensational summer salad. With so few ingredients, quality matters. Perfectly ripe watermelon and a great quality feta are key.
If you’re in Winnipeg, I highly recommend Chaeban Artisan feta. It has just the right balance of salty and tangy flavour which pairs nicely with sweet watermelon. Choose either their Firm or Soft Feta to top this salad. They both taste fantastic, but for this recipe, the firm feta is easier to crumble. But, hey, we use whichever one we have in the fridge!
Pro Tip: Rather than tossing the feta with the watermelon and cucumbers, layer it on top so those tasty crumbles don’t get lost at the bottom of the salad bowl.
Need a quick and easy way to get beautiful watermelon cubes? Check out this article on two ways to cut watermelons – with and without the rind. The Picnic Cut gives you spears of watermelon with a little rind to hold on to. The Naked Cube Cut is perfect for recipes like this salad, when you don’t want any rind.
Recipe for Watermelon Cucumber Feta Salad
Watermelon Cucumber and Feta Salad
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp lime zest (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups 1 inch cubed, seedless watermelon (half a medium sized watermelon)
- 1 cup 1/2 inch diced, seedless cucumber (half an English cucumber)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/3 cup crumbled firm feta
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients. Taste and adjust to desired taste. Set aside.
- Prepare watermelon, cucumber and mint. Store separately until ready to serve salad.
- Just before serving, toss watermelon, cucumber and mint.
- Drizzle with dressing and add crumbled feta to top.
- Serve and enjoy right away.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Variations to Watermelon Feta Salad
Go ahead, change it up a little and make it just the way you like it! For example:
- Want a little more bite? Add sliced red onions.
- Don’t have lemon or lime juice? Use balsamic vinegar to dress this salad.
- Don’t like mint in your salad? Try basil or dill instead.
- Don’t have cucumber? Use zucchini.
- Prefer salads with leafy greens? Go ahead, add lettuce, arugula or kale.
- Need a little more crunch? Add nuts or seeds like pepitas or pistachios.
This recipe was written in paid partnership with Chaeban Artisan. As always, opinions are my own and a sincere reflection of life in my home.
I’d love to know what you and your dinner guest think of this watermelon salad. Leave a comment or, if you make it, share a photo on Instagram and tag @getgettys and @ChaebanArtisan so we can see it and like it!
Sign up to get articles by Getty delivered to your inbox. You’ll get recipes, practical tips and great food information like this. Getty is a Professional Home Economist, speaker and writer putting good food on tables and agendas. She is the author of Manitoba’s best-selling Prairie Fruit Cookbook, Founder of Fruit Share, a mom and veggie gardener.