Whether as a gift, for our own use at home or for a camping trip, we love having this quick and easy pancake mix around. Perfect for those lazy weekend mornings or weekday evenings when no one feels like making breakfast or dinner. The whole wheat flour, dried apple and cinnamon take this up a notch from store bought mixes.
If you want to get really fancy, pour your pancake batter into a large, greased cookie cutter, like these big apples.
Apple Cinnamon Pancake Mix
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon or apple pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup powdered milk
- 1/2 cup dried apples optional
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients.
- Mix very well.
- Pour into a 1 quart (1 litre) jar.
- If needed for space, pack ingredients firmly and give jar a couple of taps to settle ingredients.
- Seal jar tightly and store in cupboard for 6 months to a year.
- Baking Directions
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- In large bowl beat egg, water and oil.
- Add in 1 ¼ cup of the pancake mix.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Pour onto a hot, greased pan.
- Turn when bubbles form; cook until second side is golden.
- Makes 8 pancakes.
Yield Mix fills 1 quart (1 litre) jar, enough for 3 batches of 8 pancakes each
If you liked this article and want more, Subscribe Here. It’s easy and I promise I’ll never share your contact info.