Love rhubarb, but looking for something other than sweet treats to make with it? Here’s a recipe that’s sure to please.
Honey Rhubarb Sesame Chicken
- 1 lb boneless chicken 2 large chicken breasts or pack of chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup rhubarb juice
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sodium reduced soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp cilantro or green onions sliced diagonally
- Cut chicken into even sized, 1 inch pieces.
- Toss chicken with flour, salt and pepper until evenly coated.
- Heat oil over medium high heat in large fry pan.
- Add chicken and cook until no longer pink on the inside and golden brown on the outside, 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small dish mix together rhubarb juice, honey, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and garlic.
- Add to chicken and cook until sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix in sesame seeds and cilantro or green onions.
- Serve over rice with a side of green snow peas or beans.
You’re going to love it!
Want to learn more about rhubarb and a list to other rhubarb recipes, check out 7 Things You Need to Know About Rhubarb.
Getty Stewart is an engaging speaker and writer providing tasty recipes, time-saving tips, and helpful kitchen ideas to make home cooking easy and enjoyable. She is a Professional Home Economist, author of Manitoba’s best-selling Prairie Fruit Cookbook, Founder of Fruit Share, mom and veggie gardener.