This sour cream and dill dip is our all time favorite vegetable dip.
Since age 3, my daughter has called this “our favorite dip dip”, she’s a teenager now and still calls it that! And now she’s making it the way my mom taught me – with two key ingredients.
Two Key Ingredients for Sour Cream and Dill Dip
- Fresh Herbs – get fresh herbs – dried dill, parsley and chives just don’t pack the same flavour.
- Pickle Juice – that brine is flavoured vinegar that will transform your dip.
When Melanie heard what the secret ingredient was in our favorite sour cream and dill dip, she wrinkled her nose and exclaimed “Ew, you put PICKLE JUICE in there?!” I chuckled and remembered a similar reaction when I first saw my mom doing the same thing. Yup, a shot of dill pickle brine will take this dish from pretty good to seriously delicious. Of course, you don’t have to tell anyone. Just let them enjoy the world’s best veggie dip!
We hope you enjoy our favorite dip dip with our secret ingredient as much as we do. But if you really don’t want to use pickle juice – you could use white vinegar.
Sour Cream and Dill Dip Recipe
Sour Cream and Dill Dip
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 11/2 tbsp dill pickle brine or white vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp finely chopped green onions or chives
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise and pickle brine.
- Mix in herbs, salt and pepper.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
If this sour cream and dill dip doesn’t do it for you or if you’re having company over and want to serve a couple of different dips, check out these dips too.
If these healthy dips aren’t quite right for you, maybe one of these will hit the spot.
Three Healthy Dips (Avocado & Cilantro, Creamy Herb Dip, Chickpea Hummus)
I’d love to hear what you think of our favorite dip dip! Leave a comment or share you pic with me on instagram @getgettys.
Sign up to get articles by Getty delivered to your inbox. You’ll get recipes, practical tips and great food information like this. Getty is a Professional Home Economist, speaker and writer putting good food on tables and agendas. She is the author of Manitoba’s best-selling Prairie Fruit Cookbook, Founder of Fruit Share, a mom and veggie gardener.